Whether you’re currently on the road and need a quick bite, planning for a romantic evening with a loved one, or want to determine for yourself the best huckleberry pie in Glacier, we’ve got you covered. Here is our listing of the top 15 eateries in and around Glacier. Happy eating!
1. Wandering Gringo Cafe
12135 US-2, Columbia Falls, MT 59912
- Wandering Gringo Cafe is a brightly decorated, orange, bohemian truck that serves Tex-Mex along the way to the entrance of West Glacier.
- Covered picnic tables are stationed next to the truck and menu prices range from $9 to $11. Wandering Gringo Cafe is cash only and there is an ATM on-site.
- Wandering Gringo Cafe is temporarily closed but is usually open from 11:30 am to 8:00 pm during the summer season.
- The thing to do: Order one of their larger-than-life burritos to unlock your 8th chakra (We’re kidding, but seriously the portions are HUGE!)
- Check out the Wandering Gringo Cafe Menu
2. Backslope Brewing
1107 9th St W, Columbia Falls, MT 59912
- Backslope Brewing is a kitchen and taproom in the backdrop of Glacier National Park. The brewery hosts trivia nights on Mondays and live music on Wednesdays. Unfortunately, both events have been canceled through 2020.
- Menu prices range from $6 to $15 and take-out and limited seating are available.
- The brewery is open daily from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- The thing to do: Make use of the brewery’s patio to view magnificent peaks while scarfing down their Aussie burger.
3. Gunsight Saloon
624 Nucleus Ave, Columbia Falls, MT 59912
- Step into the warm, red glow of an old-timey traditional western saloon. Gunsight Saloon is a bar and grill located in downtown Columbia Falls. Gunsight has pool, a casino, and an outdoor venue for live music that performs throughout the week.
- Menu prices range from $5 to $28 and dine-in or take-out is available.
- Gunsight Salon is open Monday to Tuesday from 4:00 pm to 9:30 pm and Friday to Sunday from 12:00 pm to 9:30 pm.
- The thing to do: Share a plate of nachos with a friend while watching some of the most talented musicians in Flathead Valley.
- Check out the menu for Gunsight Saloon
4. Laurie’s Deli
330 9th St W, Columbia Falls, MT 59912
- A local favorite, Laurie’s Deli is a sandwich shop and caterer located within Pine Park in Columbia Falls.
- Menu prices range from $5 to $12.
- Laurie’s is open Monday to Sunday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, except for Wednesday from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm.
- The thing to do: Grab a sandwich before a hike or a day on the water at Glacier!
- Check out the menu for Laurie’s Deli
5. Huckleberry Patch
- The Huckleberry Patch is a bakery and restaurant located in Hungry Horse. The Huckleberry Patch sells anything and everything huckleberry including, but not limited to huckleberry coffee, huckleberry chai tea, huckleberry honey, huckleberry lotion, huckleberry bath salts, huckleberry gummy bears. You get the idea.
- The Huckleberry Patch also serves breakfast and deli lunch. The price ranges from $5 to $12.
- Their summer hours are 11:00 am to 7:00 pm and their winter hours are 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- The thing to do: Order their huckleberry pie for you and a friend, or just for you (we don’t judge).
- Check out the menu for the Huckleberry Patch
6. Glacier Grille and Pizza
10126 Hwy 2, Coram, MT 59913
- Located along the route to West Glacier, Glacier Grille and Pizza is an American cuisine and bar with a rustic and communal atmosphere.
- The specialty pizzas range from $16.50 to $27.50 depending on the size.
- The grill is open from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm Wednesday to Sunday for takeout and dine-in.
- The thing to do: Order the peach huckleberry pie!
- Check out the menu for Glacier Grille and Pizza
7. Josephine’s Bar and Kitchen
10245 US-2, Coram, MT 59913
- Josephine’s Bar and Kitchen serves craft cocktails and local dishes within a historic homesteader cabin a few miles outside of Glacier National Park. The restaurant is named after the “Bootleg Lady of Glacier Park”, Josephine Doody, who crafted moonshine during prohibition.
- The kitchen sits right off of Hwy 2E and menu prices range from $5 to $16.
- Josephine’s is open Thursday through Sunday from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- The thing to do: Order their seasonal po’boy smoked trout sandwich!
- Check out the menu for Josephine’s Bar and Kitchen
8. Eddie’s Cafe and Mercantile
1 Fish Creek Rd Glacier National Park, West Glacier, MT 59936
- Eddie’s Cafe and Mercantile is a family-owned and operated ice cream shop, restaurant, gift shop, grocery and camping supply outlet all wrapped up into one rustic general store.
- The restaurant prices range from $10 to $15.
- Currently, the store is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, but the restaurant is closed for the season. The usual hours for the restaurant are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- The thing to do: Take your ice cream outside to the newly renovated deck that outlooks Lake McDonald.
- Check out the menu for Eddie’s Cafe and Mercantile
9. Belton Chalet Grill Dining Room and Tap Room
12575 Highway 2 East Belton Chalet, West Glacier, MT 59936
- The Belton Chalet sits at the entrance to West Glacier and was built in 1910 by the Great Northern Railroad. The grill and taproom capture the romanticism of the last golden age of American railroading.
- The Belton Chalet Grill Dining Room and Tap Room offers artisan American cuisine and local beer, spirits and cocktails. The prices range from $15 to $50.
- Currently, the Belton Chalet Grill Dining Room and Tap Room is temporarily closed but will be reopened in the Spring of 2021.
- The thing to do: At sundown, after devouring the Grill’s famous Bison Meatloaf, of course, watch the staff line up along the balconies to greet the evening train, as per tradition since 1910.
- Check out the menu for Belton Chalet Grill Dining Room
10. Russell’s Fireside Dining Room at Lake McDonald Lodge
- Lake McDonald Lodge was built in 1913 and many of the original furnishings have remained within the lodge, preserving the swiss hunting lodge decorative of the hotel.
- Russel’s Fireside Dining is a waterfront to Lake McDonald and offers local and American cuisine as well as craft beer and wine from prices ranging from $10 to $35.
- Currently, Russell’s is only operating on a to-go menu and is open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- The thing to do: Enjoy your Elk Burger on a bench overlooking Lake McDonald.
- Check out the menu for Russell’s Fireside Dining Room
11. The Ptarmigan Dining Room at Many Glacier Hotel
1 Rte 3, Babb, MT 59411
- Many Glacier Hotel was another hospitality lodge built in 1914 by the Great Northern Railway in efforts to promote Glacier National Park as the “American Alps” and was therefore constructed to mimic the Swiss chalet style. The hotel is the largest in the park.
- The Ptarmigan Dining Room overlooks Swiftcurrent Lake and offers continental cuisine from 6:30 am to 9:30 pm with prices ranging from $10 to $43. Currently, All Many Glacier operations are closed for the 2020 season.
- The dining room also has a Swiss Lounge where guests can grab a quick, casual bite before or after a long hike from prices ranging from $10 to $20.
- The thing to do: Marvel at the dazzling views of Swiftcurrent Lake and the peaks of Glacier while consuming the dining room’s famous prime rib.
- Check out the menu for The Ptarmigan Dining Room at Many Glacier Hotel
12. Two Sisters Cafe
3600 US-89, Babb, MT 59411
- Two Sisters Cafe is run by, you guessed it, two sisters Beth and Susan Higgens along with Susan’s partner John Cunnigham. The sisters manage their permanent cafe in Missoula but have been operating the Glacier location for 25 summers.
- Two Sisters Cafe serves handmade fare within the Blackfeet Indian Reservation. Menu prices range from $10 to $28.
- Two Sisters Cafe is open seasonally from June 1st to September 25th from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- The thing to do: After ordering their elk burger and huckleberry pie, go out back to discover the sister’s substantial license plate collection.
- Check out the menu for Two Sisters Cafe
13. Serrano’s Mexican Restaurant
- Serrano’s log building was originally built in 1909 by a mountaineer to house those constructing the railroad depot and Glacier Park Lodge. Since then, the building has been used for various purposes but is now a Mexican and southwest restaurant. The building is the oldest house in East Glacier Park.
- Serranos is located 8 miles east of the East Glacier entrance and offers Mexican and southwest dishes from prices ranging from $10 to $20.
- Serranos is open from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm and is currently take-out only.
- The thing to do: After a long day of hiking, sip on their acclaimed margaritas on the back deck.
- Check out the menu for Serrano’s Mexican Restaurant
14. Two Medicine Grill
314 US-2, East Glacier Park, MT 59434
- Two Medicine Grill serves hearty mountain meals within the eastside of Glacier. National Geographic Traveler Magazine stated that Two Medicine Grill has the “best huckleberry shake on the Continental Divide Trail”.
- Menu prices range from $5 to $15. The grill is open Monday through Sunday from 6:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Two Medicine Grill is currently closed for the season but is hoping to reopen in the summer.
- The thing to do: Partake in the grill’s breakfast (a local favorite) and ask for free advice, the only free thing Two Medicine Grill has said to give out.
- Check out the menu for Two Medicine Grill
15. Rock ‘n Roll Bakery: Gear and Goodness
34 Dawson Ave, East Glacier Park Village, MT 59434
- Rock ‘n Roll Bakery: Gear and Goodness is an outdoor outfitter and bakery. The building was originally an old post office, but now Rock ‘n Roll is a perfect stop before any of your Glacier adventures as you can restock your supplies and grab a cinnamon roll for the road.
- Prices range from $5 to $28 and Taste of Home Magazine has rated Rock ‘n Roll Bakery pies the best in Montana.
- Currently, the bakery is open Tuesdays from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- The thing to do: Take your Rock ‘n Roll Bakery pastry on your adventures and snap a picture to share with Gear and Goodness!
- Check out the menu for Rock ‘n Roll Bakery